Sarah has given over 100 talks and interviews to audiences of all ages and backgrounds, covering myriad sustainability and conservation topics. Watch Sarah’s defense of her master’s project on YouTube. Scripts, talking points and high resolution versions of presentations are available by request. You can additional interviews and videos featuring Sarah on her “My Interviews and Videos” YouTube playlist.
Select public speaking engagements include:
- Presenter, Forest Discovery, HJA Day, Andrews Experimental Forest, Oregon (June 2018).
- Presenter and Facilitator, Engaging in Ecology Education Practice, Ambitious Math & Science Summer Institute, Corvallis, Oregon (June 2018).
- Co-presenter, Andrews Forest Education Initiative, Oregon State University (OSU) Long-term ecological research (LTER) Research Poster Session, Corvallis, Oregon (June 2018).
- Presenter, Andrews Forest Discovery Trail: Three Experiences of Place, Sarah Kelly Master’s Defense, Corvallis, Oregon (May 2018).
- Presenter, H.J. Andrews Forest Discovery Trail: Three Experiences of Place, OSU LTER Monthly Meeting, Corvallis, Oregon (May 2018).
- Presenter, H.J. Andrews Forest Discovery Trail: A Programming & Research Journey, LTER Network Education Committee Meeting, Zoom Conference Call (April 2018).
- Guest Lecturer, Exploring the wilderness ideal and the nature/culture divide, Wilderness Freshman Experience Class, Corvallis, Oregon (October 2017).
- Panelist, Crowds and Controversies in Oregon’s Parks and Wilderness, Willamette Heritage Center History in the News Series, Salem, Oregon (April 2017).
- Panelist, Quality of Life: Keeping Houston Beautiful, H-Town Day 2016: Houston Association of Realtors, Houston (April 2016).
- Co-presenter, Sustainability Fest through the Years, Texas Regional Alliance for Campus Sustainability Summit, South Padre Island, Texas (February 2016).
- Co-moderator, Texas Regional Alliance for Campus Sustainability Networking Session, Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education Conference, Minneapolis (November 2015).
- Panelist, Sustainability Successes and Challenges in Higher Education, International Facility Management Association Roundtable, Houston (May 2015).
- Co-presenter, STARS: How Texas A&M University & the University of Houston Benchmarked Campus Sustainability through Institutional Assessment, Texas Regional Alliance for Campus Sustainability Summit, Lubbock, Texas (March 2015).
- Panelist, Leveraging Sustainability in Academia: The Role of Universities, 41st Annual Meeting of Southwest Academy of Management, Dallas (March 14, 2014).
- Presenter, Sustainability at UH, UH New Student Orientations, Houston (50+ presentations over two years).